Thanks to the Thomas Tallis School Duke of Edinburgh Award volunteers and FoMP for planting trees at Mountsfield Park this winter. The trees were generously donated by Woodland Trust, The Conservation Volunteers (TCV), #idigtrees and @. We planted hundreds of oak, hawthorn, birch, alder, rowan, hornbeam, willow, poplar…
The newly planted trees will:
- make Mountsfield Park more beautiful,
- provide additional habitat for wildlife,
- make the park greener around the edges, so that people are less aware of the buildings and roads that surround the park,
- make the ground more permeable to reduce the accumulation of surface water during heavy rainfall,
- absorb carbon, some pollutants and dust from the air,
- establishing new native tree planting to replace ash trees that will be lost because of ash die-back disease.
Please email email@example.com for more information.