Thanks to the Thomas Tallis School Duke of Edinburgh Award volunteers and FoMP for planting trees at Mountsfield Park this winter. The trees were generously donated by Woodland Trust, The Conservation Volunteers (TCV), #idigtrees and @. We planted hundreds of oak, hawthorn, birch, alder, rowan, hornbeam, willow, poplar…
Another opportunity to plant trees generously donated by the Woodland Trust and ‘OVO / TCV I Dig‘ trees at Mountsfield Park – from 11.00am, Sunday 4th December 2016. Meet at Mountsfield Park community garden. Many thanks to the Woodland Trust and OVO / TCV I Dig trees from Friends of Mountsfield Park for donating trees to be planted at Mountsfield Park. All welcome!
Many thanks to Woodland Trust from Friends of Mountsfield Park for donating UK native trees to be planted at Mountsfield Park.
- make Mountsfield Park more beautiful,
- provide excellent additional native species habitat for wildlife,
- make the park greener around the edges, so that visitors to the park are less aware of the buildings and roads that surround the park,
- make the ground more permeable to reduce the accumulation of surface water during heavy rainfall,
- absorb carbon, some pollutants and dust from the air,
- establishing new native tree planting to mitigate ash die-back disease.
Please email email@example.com for more information.