Thanks to the Thomas Tallis School Duke of Edinburgh Award volunteers and FoMP for planting trees at Mountsfield Park this winter. The trees were generously donated by Woodland Trust, The Conservation Volunteers (TCV), #idigtrees and @. We planted hundreds of oak, hawthorn, birch, alder, rowan, hornbeam, willow, poplar…
Another opportunity to plant trees generously donated by the Woodland Trust and ‘OVO / TCV I Dig‘ trees at Mountsfield Park – from 11.00am, Sunday 4th December 2016. Meet at Mountsfield Park community garden. Many thanks to the Woodland Trust and OVO / TCV I Dig trees from Friends of Mountsfield Park for donating trees to be planted at Mountsfield Park. All welcome!
Earlier this week, we posted a request from the Police about an incident which took place in Mountsfield Park on Sunday 20 November 2016. Sadly this is now a murder investigation. More information can be found here.
Mountsfield Park is a community park which is much loved by the local residents who use it every day. The Friends of Mountsfield Park and the park users we represent are devastated by this dreadful news. We will help in any way we can, and urge anyone who is able to help the Police with their enquiries to come forward.
Please note the following:
- The Police are appealing to find any witnesses who were in, or near to, Mountsfield Park between approximately 17:15hrs and 18:45hrs on Sunday, 20 November, and are keen to speak to anyone who may have seen or heard anything regarding an incident involving a man in the company of a child.
- Officers will be conducting appeals at the park one week on from the incident on Sunday 27 November 2016
- Anyone who can assist the investigation is asked to call the incident room on 020 8721 4868.
- To give information anonymously Crimestoppers can be contacted on 0800 555 111 or at crimestoppers-uk.org
The cafe! The trim trail! Christmas! Volunteering opportunities! Fox-proof bins! Accessible picnic benches!
It’s all go at Mountsfield Park. Read all about it here…
So lets be honest, 2016 has been a strange old year…
But it’s Christmas! And never ones to waste an opportunity to eat, drink, and be merry, we at FOMP will be throwing our annual Carols in the Park event at 2pm on Saturday December 17th 2016.
There will be music, mince pies, and mulled wine, and the chance to spend a magical afternoon with friends and neighbours.
We look forward to seeing you there!
Rory, Maria, Carrie, Ros, Rivke, Max, and Gareth
Many thanks to Woodland Trust from Friends of Mountsfield Park for donating UK native trees to be planted at Mountsfield Park.
- make Mountsfield Park more beautiful,
- provide excellent additional native species habitat for wildlife,
- make the park greener around the edges, so that visitors to the park are less aware of the buildings and roads that surround the park,
- make the ground more permeable to reduce the accumulation of surface water during heavy rainfall,
- absorb carbon, some pollutants and dust from the air,
- establishing new native tree planting to mitigate ash die-back disease.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
“It has come to our attention that an organisation called Glendale Tree Services is currently operating in the London area (in particular around Lewisham) and adopting quite unscrupulous business practices.
View original post 136 more words